Dunes Hotel Apartments, one of the leading luxury hotels in Dubai, is known for its world- class service and its commitment to customer excellence, which has won international recognition and prestigious awards. Its customer-centric approach focuses on creating a unique guest experience that makes a real difference. To Dunes Hotel Apartments, this also means engaging in initiatives directed at conserving natural resources. Dunes was one of the pioneers in the hospitality sector in the region to launch an energy saving program that has an integrated set of high-impact initiatives to contribute to a greener environment.
In 2017, Dunes Hotel Apartments has taken its environmental sustainability strategy to a new level, focusing its efforts on reducing energy use, water consumption, waste and making its supply chain more environmentally conscious as well as engaging and inspiring associates and guests in conservation efforts.
- At Dunes, nearly 90% of the lighting is energy efficient. Public areas in all hotel properties have motion sensors, and room lights are controlled by smart systems.
- As part of its efforts aimed at minimizing water consumption, Dunes launched a linen reuse program in all guest rooms, installed low-flow showerheads, sink aerators and dual flush in bathrooms, and placed visual reminders for guests.
- Dunes has separate collection bins for paper, cardboard, cans, plastic, and food wastes, and it uses recyclable bags.
- Dunes Hotel Apartments offers complimentary bus service to reduce the need for extra taxis while transferring guests to malls and areas of public interest.
- At Dunes Delights, the ultimate destination for food lovers keen to sample some of the world’s finest cuisines, fresh and seasonal vegetables and fruit sourced from the local market are used.
In line with its commitment to promote environmental sustainability, each year Dunes takes an active part in a number of campaigns including “Clean Up UAE” and “For our Emirates we plant” organized by Emirates Environmental Group.
Guests staying at the Dunes Oud Metha property can see the rescued Ghaf tree. The Ghaf, a national tree of the UAE, is possibly the sturdiest plant in the harsh desert environment. Dunes strongly believes in the importance of conserving the tree of the dunes, and encourages the public to make the United Arab Emirates a greener place by planting trees.
Additionally, Dunes provides tips and resources to help guests reduce their environmental impact while staying at the hotel. In 2017, Dunes introduced the eco calendar to raise awareness among guests and to inspire them to adopt simple but impactful eco-friendly behaviors.
Commenting on the environmental sustainability strategy, Faisal Abdul Rahman, General Manager at Dunes Hotel Apartments, said:
“At Dunes, we believe that it is our collective responsibility to preserve the environment for coming generations. Commitment to sustainability is one of the core values that is deeply embedded in our business. Eco Friendly practices are not an effort, rather they are an integral part of how Dunes operates to delight our customers and to serve the community”
The environmental responsibility program at Dunes has already delivered impressive results. In the last 12 months, Dunes Oud Metha reduced energy consumption by 20% and CO2 emissions by 244 tonnes, which is equivalent to planting 52 trees.